"Do not believe
. . . because you have heard it.
- Do not believe in tradition because they have been have been handed down.
- Do not believe in anything because it is spoken and rumoured by many.
- Do not believe in anything because it is found written in religious books.
- Do not believe in anything merely on the account of your teachers and elders.
- But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of all, then accept it and live up to it."
Published by "Simple Wisdom" 42/1 Asgiri Vihara - Kandy